Summer clothes bring winter chills: Hitting the Runway

For those of you who are parading around in shorts, tank tops and white pants, it’s time to get a calendar because in case you haven’t noticed, it’s still winter. Sure, the windchill isn’t below zero anymore, but it is still pretty cold outside.

Winter is a time for long pants, not shorts. Some people feel that shorts are more comfortable, but there are other ways to be comfortable and warm. Wear sweatpants if you need a day for comfort rather than feeling an uncomfortable breeze all day. Save shorts for summer so you can avoid heat strokes in the hot sun. Same goes for tank tops– do you really want hypothermia?

However, if you do want to wear a tank top, throw on a cardigan. When it comes to shorts, don’t try to make them work in the cold. Don’t throw on tights and call it good because, well, it’s not.

My biggest pet peeve is white pants. I’ve never been a fan of these anyway, but especially not in the January. These are acceptable in the spring and summer. Cars tend to get dirtier in the winter so wearing white just creates a higher risk. Keep yourself clean and with the season with a pair of blue jeans or even a pair of colored ones to jazz up your look.

I know we are all looking forward to the sun to come out, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Keep those shorts and tanks packed away until spring finally arrives.

Ashley Quintela
Editor in Chief and Hitting the Runway blogger 

$50
$1000