Best fall episodes from ‘Gilmore Girls’

“Gilmore Girls” is the perfect show to watch when it comes around that time where the air gets crisp, the leaves start changing color, and sweaters start coming out. These are my top five fall episodes as they give you that fall feeling.

Season 1 episode 7 “Kiss and Tell”

This episode has the perfect fall vibe that people are looking for when watching Gilmore Girls. The town has officially started preparing for their Autumn Festival, with fall decorations all over the town square. On top of the fall spirit that this episode radiates, Dean fans will love the relationship development between Rory and Dean.

Season 2 episode 4 “The Road Trip to Harvard”

Despite the fact that this episode lacks the amount of fall decoration as others in this list, it still deserves a place in it because of the beginning of the school year. After Lorelai makes a major decision in her life Rory and Lorelai take a trip down Harvard to give Rory a look into her future. Even though there are better fall episodes, this episode is still fun and focuses more on their mother and daughter relationship. 

Season 3 episode 9 “A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving”

The episode begins with Lorelai and Rory when they are hit with the fact that they will have to attend four Thanksgiving gatherings: Luke’s, their grandparents, the Kims, and Sookie’s. Although that might seem like a lot of food, it is no problem for the Gilmore girls. This episode is pretty fast as they don’t stay long for each gathering, and within all of that it still has the juicy drama bits that gets the watchers attention. 

“Gilmore Girls” has everything to fulfill that fall spirit: decorations, fall clothing, autumn festivals, and pumpkin pancakes with homemade cinnamon butter.

Season 4 episode 9 “Ted Koppel’s Big Night Out”

When I think of fall one thing in the back of my mind is the start of college football season. With Rory changing her decision from Harvard to Yale, Emily and Richard are happily making their way down to watch the Bulldogs play against Harvard. As the grandparents go yearly this is the first year that Rory and Lorelai attended with them, as they went they got the juicy drama and they got to see a new side of Richard and Emily. 

Season 5 episode 7 “You Jump, I jump, Jack”

In most of the Gilmore Girls earlier seasons I feel like fall is shoved into your face, but with this episode it’s just a background. I can still get the autumn feeling behind it with the decorated town, but this episode is more based on the two girls and their relationships with Logan and Luke. I might be biased, but this episode is my favorite because I am a Logan fan, and I think the whole secret society thing is cool. 

$50
$1000