Dress to impress this Spring

Now that it’s finally starting to feel like spring, you can dress to impress with spring dresses. When it comes to fun printed dresses, the choices are endless — as long as you wear them right. One essential detail to remember make sure your accessories are matched accordingly.

The must-have print this spring is polka dots. One of my favorite looks of spring is polka dots. A classic black and white dotted dress is a timeless trend. Though the colors may be a little dull, there are ways to brighten the outfit up. Pair the dress with some red Oxfords. If you are feeling extra daring, put on some red lipstick. When wearing an outfit that lacks color, make sure your accessories pop. From red lipstick to bright oxfords, you will surely twist the timeless trend.

Another print that you can rock this spring is floral. As you already know, floral is my favorite print. A flowy floral dress is a casual look that will work any spring day. When dealing with loud prints such as florals, you have to tone down the accessories. When choosing shoes, identify a color you are a fan of in the dress and find a solid color shoes. Do not pair a printed dress with printed shoes. This will cause busy-ness in your outfit. Florals are a good thing, as long as you don’t take it too far.

Not only are bold print dresses in, but so are solid color and neutral color dresses. Usually with these dresses, the style and cut of the dress is what the main focus should be on. When it comes to dresses with collars and high-low skirts, prints are not needed. The same rules apply to these styles as the black and white one. To accessorize the looks, top it off with a necklace or even bright nail polish.

This spring, experiment with different styles of dresses. Remember to pair your dress with the most complementary accessories. You don’t want an outfit that is too busy. Remember, simplicity is best when it comes to dresses. Let loud prints speak for themselves and jazz up others that don’t seem to have as much to offer.

Ashley Quintela
West Wind Features Editor and Hitting the Runway Blogger 

$50
$1000