Unhealthy eating leads to downfall: Healthy Habits

The typical American diet consists of sugar, fat and high sodium intake. This is the reason for one-third of our population being obese. Not overweight-obese. Fast-food corporations, processed supermarket aisles, and misleading marketing tactics are to blame.

This lifestyle comes with consequences. People may be nutrient insufficient. Although they eat plenty, the food they consume are stripped of all of their nutrients. Obesity is a major side effect. With this lack of nutrients comes diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, sleep apnea, infertility and liver disease. Heart disease is also prevalent due to increased cholesterol consumption.

As your body increases in fat, it places itself in between your organs and can be stored around your brain. This is known as visceral fat. Subcutaneous fat is the tissue that is seen outside the body. Visceral fat is dangerous because it can slow down the function of your organs and increase risk for heart disease and diabetes, and harm your liver.

Fortunately, it’s never too late to feed your body the proper way. A daily intake of fruits, veggies, whole grains, and natural protein is what your body needs to thrive. Diets consisting of fat, salt, and sugar only harm the body in a negative way creating fat cells left and right.

Katie Allen
Reporter and Healthy Habit Blogger 

$50
$1000