Announcements | September 10th

STAFF COLLABORATION DAY 2

Art Club will meet Weds, Sept 11 at 3:30 in Rm 612.

The Thunderbeat is looking for students who would like to be filmed asking their significant other (or likely candidate for that position) to the homecoming dance. A collage of all of the different ‘asks’ will be posted on thethunderbeat.org shortly before homecoming. If you are interested please see Morgan Keith or Mr. Stueve in room 426.

Baseball meeting this Thursday at 4pm in the library. This will be for any student interested in playing baseball that is not currently in a fall sport.

There will be a short meeting Tuesday the 17th after school in the cafeteria for all girls interested in playing soccer in the spring.

Any boys who will be playing soccer this spring and not playing a fall sport, please meet in the cafeteria on Wednesday AFTER SCHOOL for a quick meeting about conditioning and winter information.

Cyber Patriots will meet tomorrow from 3:30-4:45 in Room 619. No experience necessary. Contact Mr. Parkison or Chief Swingle for more details.

PSAT – Sign up today in the front office to register for the test. Students must bring $17 (checks made payable to Bellevue West).

An ACT Prep class will be offered at Bellevue West from Sept 20-Oct 17 during GPS. The September class is only open to seniors who are planning to take the ACT on Oct 26. Seniors can sign up in the counseling office and space is limited. Please see Mrs. Minahan if you have any questions.

Juniors and Seniors: If you are currently serving in an elected or appointed capacity in student government, civic, or an educational organization, you may be eligible to apply for the Hearst Foundation Scholarship. Students selected for this program must take a qualifying exam and if selected would participate in the United States Senate Youth Program which would include a week in Washington DC. See Mrs. Britten in the office for an application.The deadline to apply is Oct 4.

All grade 9-12 boys interested in playing basketball this year need to report to a mandatory meeting Weds, Sept 11 in the small cafeteria immediately after school. Please do not stop at your locker but proceed directly to small cafeteria.

Skills USA will meet on Wednesday Sept 11 at 730 am in room 617.

The 2013 Poetry Slam Team meets every Wednesday at 3:30in room 124. New people who like to write poetry are always wome.

$0
$1000