Announcements | September 4th

This year’s homecoming dance is Sept 28. The theme is Hawaiian Paradise. The dress will still be semi-formal, but sun dress/appropriate Hawaiian attire is encouraged. The dance will be outside in the front courtyard. If you are bringing a guest from another school please fill out the guest form. The forms available in the library.

————————————————————————————————–

Are you looking for scholarship opportunities for job and scholarship applications? If so, stop in the office and pick up an application for an opportunity here at West.

————————————————————————————————-

Picture day is Sept 5.Pictures will be taken during English class for 9th, 10th, and 11th graders (and 12th graders who need one). Remember to dress your best and see Mr. Stueve in room 426 if you have any questions.

————————————————————————————————-

There will be a student council meeting at 7:25 in room 232 on Thursday.

————————————————————————————————-

German Club Students! ALL permission forms & money are due to Frau Messerschmitt by this Friday in order to attend the trip to Oktoberfest, the trip to the Beethoven concert, and the trip to Dinner und Deutsch. German Club will meet on Thurs from 4:00 – 4:45. Important information regarding club shirts will be discussed.

————————————————————————————————-

Art Club will meet Weds, Sept 11 at 3:30 in Rm 612.

————————————————————————————————-

The PSAT is a Pre-SAT test that is open to sophomores and juniors who would like to prepare for the SAT and ACT college admissions tests. Students who wish to participate in the National Merit Scholarship Competition must take this test their junior year in order to compete. Students may register for this test by bringing $17 to the Main Office. They will complete a registration form and receive a practice test booklet at that time. The deadline to register is September 25.

————————————————————————————————-

Do you want a better parking spot? Do you want to hold the outstanding position of T-Bird of the Week? Buy a $1.00 raffle ticket from the yearbook staff during lunch. We will have a table set up in the cafeteria this week. We will draw a winner on Friday. Whoever wins will get a choice parking spot next to Mr. Rohlfs in the back parking lot for one week! This competition is open to students and faculty.

————————————————————————————————-

Sophomore Senate will have its first meeting Monday, Sept 9 at 7:20 am in Room 144. We will be selecting officers, so attendance is important! Please see Ms. Frank with any questions.

————————————————————————————————-

STAFF COLLABORATION DAY 6

————————————————————————————————-

As we all know homecoming is not too far away. The Thunderbeat is looking for students who would like to be filmed asking their significant other (or likely candidate for that position) to the homecoming dance. A collage of all of the different ‘asks’ will be posted on thethunderbeat.com shortly before homecoming. If you are interested please see Morgan Keith or Mr. Stueve in room 426.

————————————————————————————————-

Order your yearbook today in Rm 426 for $55!

————————————————————————————————-

An ACT Prep class will be offered at Bellevue West from Sept20-Oct 17 during GPS. The September class is only open to seniors who are planning to take the ACT on Oct 26. Seniors can sign up in the counseling office and space is limited. Please see Mrs. Minahan if you have any questions.

————————————————————————————————-

Congratulations to Chase Luhnow for reaching the 1,100 LB club. He has worked very hard and finally met his goal.

————————————————————————————————-

All grade 9-12 boys interested in playing basketball this year need to report to a mandatory meeting Weds, Sept 11 in the small cafeteria immediately after school. Please do not stop at your locker but proceed directly to small cafeteria.

————————————————————————————————-

Juniors and Seniors: If you are currently serving in an elected or appointed capacity in student government, civic, or an educational organization, you may be eligible to apply for the Hearst Foundation Scholarship. Students selected for this program must take a qualifying exam and if selected would participate in the United States Senate Youth Program which would include a week in Washington DC. See Mrs. Britten in the office for an application.The deadline to apply is Oct 4.

————————————————————————————————-

Skills USA will meet before school on Wed Sept 4 at 7:25 am in room 617. Anybody wanting to join or see what Skill USA is about please join us for this meeting.

————————————————————————————————-

Cyber Patriots will meet tomorrow (Weds)from 3:30-4:45 in Rm 619.

————————————————————————————————-

The Bellevue West Boys Bowling Club will open the bowling season on Thursday Sept 5 with a short meeting and practice at Leopard Lanes.

$50
$1000