Break the ice with creative pickup lines

It’s another Saturday night and you’re stuck at home, dateless. As you sit upon your couch eating potato chip after potato chip you begin to think “Why am I so lonely?” Though the tiny voices in your head may be saying otherwise, the problem may be as simple as not using the right pick up lines.

That’s right, pick up lines.

From funny, sweet, to completely random, with these lines, your Saturdays may consist of a movie or even dinner with someone other than yourself.

When sweeping a girl off their feet, try not to be cliche. Whatever you do, stay away from “Did it hurt?… When you fell from heaven?” This has been overdone. Try something a little on the lighter side. Girls love to be charmed, so rather than heaven-related pick up lines, try something a little more unique. “You know what material this is?” (Boy grabs his own shirt) “Boyfriend Material.” This is a perfect line to use to express your sense of humor.

While humor is a always a good route to go, pick up lines with a sweet and sensitive twist could get you a date in no time. “Excuse me… Hi, I’m writing an essay on the most beautiful things in life, and I was wondering if I could interview you?” This pick up line shows a sweet side. Using this line will surely get you points when it comes to flattery.

Another option when it comes to pick up lines is to be completely random. With this type of pick up line, it shows you aren’t afraid to show off your goofy side. Start off by stepping on ice cubes then say “Now that the ice is broken, what’s your name?” Saying something along this line would show your nerves but also that you are interested without being too over-the-top.

If you’re sick of the same boring weekend, try to use some creative pick up lines to get the ball rolling. Stop spending your nights with a bag of chips accompanied by a TV remote by getting out there and impressing your crush with your smooth new pick up lines.

Ashley Quintela
West Wind Features Editor and Hitting the Runway Blogger      

$50
$1000