Celebrate Valentine’s Day in Unique Ways

Valentine’s Day is already approaching, and finding something to do each year, whether you’re in a relationship or not, can be difficult. World Strides explained that Finland and Estonia both celebrate Feb. 14 as Friends Day to honor both friends and significant others, so don’t be ashamed to just celebrate with friends, family, or by yourself. 

Spa/Self care day

If you, your friends, or significant other don’t like going out, you could stay inside and turn your bathroom into a spa. Grab some candles, face masks, or anything else you’d need for a spa day. Another spa or self care day idea could be to get robes, slippers, and a face mask on and cozy into the couch. Taking the time to relax can be really good for you, and if you’re doing it with someone you love it can be a great bonding experience.  

Plan an activity with friends                     

A fun thing to do could be to gather some friends and figure out an activity you could all do together. Some fun ideas could be to have a potluck or buffet style dinner, a movie marathon, plan a road trip, or set up a huge blanket fort. All of these activities can be fun and everyone can find something to do. Just talk to your friends and figure out how they want to celebrate. Even if it’s something simple, it’s important to spend time together. 

Take a class    

If you want to spend the day with people you love and learn a new skill, taking a class        

can be fun. There are many classes in Nebraska that are available. The Makery in Omaha provides craft classes and even take-home kits. The Lauritzen Garden classes  offer a variety of opportunities, including basket weaving, watercolor painting, Tai Chi, yoga, and photography. There are many other classes in Omaha that are available to you and your loved ones. It’s easy to find something that interests everyone and gets them excited to learn a new skill. 

Spend the day watching Rom-Coms 

Whether you’re with your friends or significant other, watching romantic comedies can be a great way to spend the day. You could get comfortable on the couch and gather all of the Valentine’s chocolates and candies. Don’t feel ashamed to spend the day inside. Valentine’s day is about celebrating your relationships with other people, so if staying inside is what you like to do together, you should. 

Throughout the years Valentine’s day has developed into a holiday to celebrate love for everyone and not specifically your significant other. Try to ignore what you’re “supposed to do” for Valentine’s day and decide the best way for you to spend the day. 

$50
$1000