Tips to get yourself motivated throughout the rest of the year

Raegan Rains

With summer only being four months away, getting through the school year might be rough. Especially with random snow days being thrown in, getting back and being motivated is hard. Here are some tips to help bring motivation back into the school year.  

Find ways to encourage yourself to get your work done

Although homework is never something you might look forward to, getting it done is crucial for your grades. So instead of looking at it from a negative aspect, find ways to make doing your homework fun. For example watching a show in the background might make doing work a little less boring, as long as you don’t get sidetracked. 

Looking at things that tie into school more positively can help with that gloomy outlook of school. Not only will it maybe make you more motivated, but your grades can certainly improve. 

Headphones, and a device to listen to music throughout the day

I’m sure many students already listen to music within the school day, but if not it’s time to hop on that trend. When the teacher allows work time, listening to music is always the one thing that can blur out all the background noise and make concentrating easier. Especially when you’re ahead of all of your classes you can take the time to discover a new artist or genre to be more productive with music. 

Look forward to that one class you might enjoy a little bit

This one might be a little hard, but I feel like at least liking one of your classes might help you look forward to the day. It might seem stupid but finding little things that you enjoy could bring more happiness to the school year. Even if you can’t find a class that you enjoy, try to find something you like about the class you’re taking such as the activities the teacher provides or a friend you have in the class. 

Wear an outfit that you love every week

That extra confidence you gain by wearing an outfit you feel good in might give you that motivation to get yourself through the day. Instead of waking up to just go to school, you can wake up with the excitement of wearing your favorite outfit. It can also help you feel comfortable in an uncomfortable environment. 

Stay involved in school activities

Staying involved might help make the school year seem to go on faster. Especially throughout the second semester if you’re involved in sports,it gives a chance to travel to different schools and see their facilities. Not even just sports, but being a part of clubs can give you a fun activity to end your day with. 

$50
$1000