Baseball recap: Thunderbirds and Huskies keep score tied for most of game, postponed in 11th inning

Graphic by Gavin Clang

Graphic by Gavin Clang

LeAnne Bugay, Features Editor

What happened: On Thursday, March 22, the Bellevue West Thunderbirds tied 5-5 with the Omaha Northwest Huskies at home. The game was suspended in the 11th inning due to darkness, and the game will be completed today at 3 p.m.

By the numbers: Official stats were withheld from both teams’ maxpreps.com profiles due to the game’s incompletion. The Thunderbirds got their first run in the bottom of the first inning when senior Ryan Del Rosario hit a single to right center field, allowing senior Matt Koeningsman to make the run from his position at second base. Bellevue West upped their score in the first five innings with additional runs from Del Rosario, senior Noah Hammond, and senior Joe Dolincheck. From the end of the sixth inning to the cut off of the game, the score was tied 5-5.

Be social: @T_BIRDSBASEBALL highlighted a few plays from senior pitcher Micah Savine.

Up next: Bellevue West’s next home game is against the Omaha Burke Bulldogs on Wed., April 25 at 4:30 p.m.