Announcements | December 9th

admin

STAFF COLLABORATION DAY 1

Diversity club will be volunteering at the Open Door Mission on Monday, Dec 9 from 4-6 pm to help with toy sorting and bagging. See Mrs. Williams in room 135 if you are interested in attending!

All students need to log into their student portals before Dec 13 to check their semester 2 schedules. It is under “My Schedule” on the left-hand side menu. The school will NOT be printing semester 2 schedules, so students will have the option to print from home or write down their schedule/room numbers so they know where to go when they return in January. If there is an error on the schedule and a change must be made, they need to see their counselor by Monday, Dec 16. If they do not have internet access at home, they can log in before/after school or during lunch in the library. If students do not know how to access their student portal, they should stop in the counseling office.

There will be a short NHS meeting Wednesday, 12/11 at 7:35 or 3:25 in room 331. Please attend one of these meetings.

Bellevue West’s Gay-Straight Alliance will have its first meeting tomorrow! GSA is for straight students who support gay rights as well as gay students. Meet tomorrow in room 145 from 3:30-4:10, or see Mrs. Petrow if you can’t come.

On Wednesday, those students who went to the Leadership Retreat and signed up for committee work, all committees will meet in the cafeteria during GPS. A list of students will be sent to teachers.

Looking for a way to volunteer during the holidays? Become a Holiday Helper. Visit unitedwaymidlands.org for many opportunities to give back to your community.

The Bellevue Baseball Boosters are hosting a Bellevue Dodgeball Tournament on Dec. 27 at the Lied Activity Center for any students wishing to participate. Team registration information can be picked up in the activities office.

Auditions for ONCE UPON A MATTRESS, the musical comedy retelling of the “Princess and the Pea”, are Thursday and Friday Dec 12 and 13. No need to prepare anything. Auditioneers will be taught a song and dance and improvise a scene. Auditions begin at 3:30 and go until 6. See the callboard in the Fine Arts Hallway or talk to Lucca in Rm 414