Announcements | September 9th

STAFF COLLABORATION DAY 1

West After School Theatre & Thespian Troupe #4238 Present “Once Upon a FairyTale The Real Story of Humpty Dumpty,” Thurs Sept 12 at 7pm Free with ID, glow sticks $2,Adults $3 Special Youth PerformanceFriday Sept 13, 1:30 p.m.

Art Club will meet Weds, Sept 11 at 3:30 in Rm 612.

The Thunderbeat is looking for students who would like to be filmed asking their significant other (or likely candidate for that position) to the homecoming dance. A collage of all of the different ‘asks’ will be posted on thethunderbeat.com shortly before homecoming. If you are interested please see Morgan Keith or Mr. Stueve in room 426.

Freshmen Senate will meet in room 115 at 7:20 Tuesdaymorning. Please email or talk to Mrs. Brewer if you can’t make the meeting.

There will be an FBLA meeting Monday at 6:15 pm in the small cafeteria.

The 2013-2014 members of the Junior Senate are posted on the front window of the library. Congratulations to those who will represent the Junior Class. There will be a mandatory meeting Tuesday, Sept. 10 at 7:30 am in the library.

Any boys who will be playing soccer this spring and not playing a fall sport, please meet in the cafeteria on Wednesday AFTER SCHOOL for a quick meeting about conditioning and winter information.

Juniors and Seniors: If you are currently serving in an elected or appointed capacity in student government, civic, or an educational organization, you may be eligible to apply for the Hearst Foundation Scholarship. Students selected for this program must take a qualifying exam and if selected would participate in the United States Senate Youth Program which would include a week in Washington DC. See Mrs. Britten in the office for an application.The deadline to apply is Oct 4.

All grade 9-12 boys interested in playing basketball this year need to report to a mandatory meeting Weds, Sept 11 in the small cafeteria immediately after school. Please do not stop at your locker but proceed directly to small cafeteria.

Skills USA will meet on Wednesday Sept 11 at 730 am in room 617.

The 2013 Poetry Slam Team meets every Wednesday at 3:30in room 124. New people who like to write poetry are always wome.

West After School Theatre & Thespian Troupe #4238 Present “Once Upon a FairyTale The Real Story of Humpty Dumpty,” Thurs Sept 12 at 7pm Free with ID, glow sticks $2,Adults $3 Special Youth PerformanceFriday Sept 13,1:30 p.m. Bring your little brothers and sisters

$50
$1000