An update on sports broadcasts

Dear Thunderbeat Readers,

Last year, we joined the National Federation of High School Networks to host our live sports broadcasts. While the transition has been a net positive from our previous setup, it’s not been without growing pains.

We realize the lack of reliable internet impacted our football broadcasts, and for that, we deeply apologize. We are working toward solutions that we hope will enable us to broadcast from Faiman Field again.

Our basketball broadcasts will begin in December, and right now, we have 14 regular season basketball games planned, two wrestling duals, and if Bellevue West hosts district basketball, we will have those games for you. In the spring, weather permitting, we hope to broadcast baseball and soccer.

Because our football broadcasts didn’t go as planned this past season, we have cut the price of our annual subscription to $70, until Dec. 21. A subscription grants you access not only to broadcasts produced by The Thunderbeat, but also to any school that broadcasts on the network, nationwide. It grants you access to NSAA playoffs across all sports as well, including Friday’s semifinal football game against Grand Island.

We hope you will join us. Thank you for your continued support of student journalism.

Sincerely,

Ms. Rowse

Mr. Stueve

Advisers to The Thunderbeat