Seniors win annual Powderpuff football game

Following a defeat in last year’s Powderpuff Tournament, the senior class turned things around this year, taking home the hot pink championship trophy.

“We let the freshmen beat us last year,” senior Braylen Hurley said. “That was pretty disappointing. So I think everyone just wanted to win.”

According to freshman Rob Kaufman, his role as one of the coaches involved finding who fit best into different positions. Other coaches were in charge of reminding the girls of the plays and making sure everyone was in the correct spot.

“The girls take it pretty seriously,” senior Amy Oltman said. “But honestly, the football boys take it even more seriously.”

By the end of the night the seniors had taken the win and earned their championship title. According to Huseth, this was the first time the current graduating class had won the Powderpuff championship.

“Getting to hold the trophy and everything was probably the most memorable and most fun [thing] that I’ve ever done in powderpuff,” Hurley said. “It’s not even like we won the state championship or anything but it feels good to win something inside of the school.”

The Powderpuff tournament raised about $900 for the Senior Senate to put towards events like Macho Man and all of the graduation proceedings and ceremonies.

“I think Powderpuff is a great way to get everybody involved in something,” Hurley said. “The girls all get together. Some are cheerleaders, some play soccer, some play basketball, like, you see everybody just come together to meet a common goal and just win.”

$50
$1000