Modesty is the best policy: Hitting the Runway

Having this be the first blog of the year, I thought of some key points to touch base on, such as colors, stores, and back to school attire. Though after attending the Lil Wayne concert–yes I went to that–I realized we need to talk about modesty.

Seeing the groups of girls at the concert made me ask myself one question; Why would you ever let your friend go out in public like that? I don’t know about you, but I would be angry if my best friend let me walk out of the house looking like a harlot.

Last night at the show, it seemed as though the girls were in competition to see who could wear the least amount of clothing.

Let me tell you, many people tied for first.

Also, in case you ever wonder whether you can wear spandex as shorts, the answer is always absolutely not. Spandex should be worn under clothing, not as a substitute.

I feel like I shouldn’t have to address this next issue, but it comes to my attention I do. The hem of your dress should cover your underwear. Seriously ladies, get some self respect. Sure, dressing like this will get people talking about your outfit, but I guarantee no positive comments are said.

Wearing provocative clothing shouldn’t only make you feel uncomfortable, but it also can make people around you feel uneasy. If you are constantly having to pull down your skirt, chances are it is too short. A dress should not be shorter than your finger tips, and even that is pushing it sometimes.

The idea of going to a concert and getting dolled up is exciting, but if you consider being “dolled up” as wearing promiscuous clothing, you need to reevaluate your standards. All I ask is that you wear a reasonable amount of clothing.

In other words, to paraphrase an old saying, “Modesty is the best policy.”

Ashley Quintela
Editor-in-Chief 

$50
$1000