Level up your hair game with this homecoming hair tutorial

Homecoming is already tomorrow and if you’re anything like me, you still haven’t decided the hairstyle you want. I have you saved girl! This hair-do is perfect for any occasion. A dinner, a birthday party, going out with friends, or even just a cute way to get your hair out of your face.

I made it more elegant for Homecoming. If you’re planning on wearing a high neck dress, this hairstyle would look stunning. It’s also very easy to do, all you need is bobby pins, a hair tie, a comb, and hairspray. It is also very easy to modify to make it your own. Here is how to achieve this look!

STEPS:

1. Prepare your hair: comb through your hair to get it nice and smooth. Next, part your hair to the side you most prefer.
  2. Grab a small section of hair from the top side (from the side that you prefered to part to) and start Dutch braiding down. (a Dutch braid is like a French braid except the strand will go under each other not over) You will do this repeatedly until you reach the ear.
  3. Once all hair has been added, (up to where you can see her ear) you will keep doing the same process but this time only adding hair to the top section, not the bottom. By doing this, the braid will make its way around the head to get to the other side. *The hair from the other side should be added to the braid as well so you can see the ear*
  4. Once all hair is added, you will start braiding down normally. So, no more adding hair. Secure the braid with a rubber band when you have finished and put it to the side.
    Now you have loose hair to work with. You can leave it like that if you like the look. Split the hair into 2 pieces and start twisting them around each other.
  5. Wrap the twist upwards around itself to create a bun, and secure it with bobby pins. Use as many bobby pins as you need so the bun is nice and secure.
    Take your braid and wrap it around the bun. Secure it with as many bobby pins as you need.
  6. You’re all finished! You can also curl 2 pieces of hair from the front like I did in the video, if you prefer. You can also add a flower or a bow or any other accessory into the hair. Now you’re all finished.

Written by: Andrea Gonzalez Pena
Filmed by: Christian Hiltbrunner
Edited by: Andrea Gonzalez Pena
Music by: bensound.com
Thanks to: Bex Rangel

$50
$1000