Ming’s cuisine is oozing with flavor

Located off of N. Washington Street across from Super Target, Ming’s is a small building that can be missed to the untrained eye. It looks a tad abandoned, but once the doors open it proves to be quite the opposite.

Strolling into this high school hot spot, it’s not hard to find teenagers chowing down on the Asian cuisine. I waved at people from a couple tables. The environment is definitely casual and welcoming.

It’s a seat yourself kind of restaurant. Once you get to the table the waiter doesn’t hesitate to get your order and hand you the menus. The prices are cheap…like really, really cheap. That’s probably why it’s so popular with the younger crowd. It’s affordable.

Every chicken entree is $4.35, beef entrees are $4.75, seafood varies from $4.95 to $5.35, lo mein dishes are $3.95 to $4.75, and all pork meals are $3.95.

Like other Chinese restaurants, it has chicken, vegetable, seafood and beef sections. Rice comes with every meal.

I had the chicken with vegetables lo-mein. My plate was heaping with food, and it was only $6. With the egg-roll I ordered it was $7.50 total.

The noodles weren’t overdone or underdone. My entree was generous with the chicken and the vegetables were crisp, and every bite of broccoli or snap pea I had was crunchy and fresh. The sauce didn’t overpower the dish but complimented it nicely-the way it should be.

My friend ordered the traditional sweet and sour chicken. It wasn’t too fried and the amount of chicken in the middle was plentiful. The rice she had on the side tasted the way fried rice should taste, and I knew by the glare on her face that I stole too much of it. That stuff is addicting.

The egg rolls deserve an entire menu to itself. Heaven in a fried shell is what those are. When you tear it apart steam, veggies, and meat pour out the center. When dipped in the sweet and sour sauce it is pure perfection. This experience costs only another $1.50.

Another friend decided on the sesame chicken. The sauce dripped generously from every piece of chicken. It was thick and amazing.

The crab rangoons she ordered on the side was fried in a neat little flower with the middle filled with a creamy center. When I bit into it, the cream cheese, crab flavored whatever it is oozed out. I didn’t wonder what it was made of. It tasted too great to care.

Looking around, I could tell everybody was enjoying their food. People were struggling to finish their meal due to the hefty portion- but I crammed it all down. Who knows when the next time I will consume all of those delicious flavors?

Katie Allen
Reporter 

$0
$1000